Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A little bit of lamb



A little low in iron so decided to to cook some lamb. Supposedly lamb is indestructible..tastes cook wel-done, tastes good rare. Not sure if it was the cut of lamb I bought (sirloin), but it was a little too 'lamby' for my liking. According to my critic (aka boyfriend), the chicken roast won hands down. Might stick to loin chops next time. Lucky I'd roasted some eggplant, red capsicum, sweet potato and tomatoes on the side. The eggplant was creamy, the capsicum sweet and delicious, the potatoes just yum and the tomatoes popped in the oven and covered the vegies and lamb in a lovely sauce.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Uma
    I think the cut of Lamb you may have purchased was a Lamb rump, which can be 'lamby'
    I would suggest next time a dry rub of garam masala or garlic salt and oregano finishing with a good dose of lemon juice at the end. There you have a Indian and Greek style lamb. Both dishes can be served with a yogurt accompaniment , i.e. Taziki for Greek and Raita for Indian which both are also delicious with grilled vegetables…

    ReplyDelete