Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Japanese style schnitzel

I remember seeing Alvin in Masterchef using Panko breadcrumbs in his elimination 'fish and chips' challenge. The fish sounded so crunchy and delicious, I thought 'I need to try Panko breadcrumbs one day'..and I did.

Introducing the Japanese style schnitzel. Take an organic chicken breast and pound to oblivion...ok maybe not oblivion but so it's thin. I suggest removing the tenderloin as it is a bit awkward. Dip the chicken in flour, then egg then coat in Panko breadcrumbs and sesame seeds. As we are trying to be healthy at the moment I put it in a 180 degree oven for 12 minutes but if you really wanted to make it sensational you could pan or deep fry.

Meanwhile I made a salad of radish, avocado, lettuce and cucumber then dressed it with a mix of Mirin, ginger and sesame oil. The result? Crunchy yet succulent chicken with the flavour of toasted sesame seed with a fresh, clean  salad...yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment